Drought Relief Information
During this difficult time of drought, residents and businesses can seek support via the Council as well as government and non-government agencies.
Details are listed below.
What is available for residents in Warren Shire? Warren Shire Council residents are able to apply for water as part of Council's Drought Relief Program.
Council will provide eligible residents with up to 10,000 litres of water (10 kilolitres) per calendar month whilst this Drought Relief Program is available.
To find out more about the program or apply download the application form below.
Drought Communities Programme
Warren Shire Council has successfully applied for funding via the Federal Government's Drought Communities Programme (DCP) - Extension.
The DCP - Extension is targeted at projects that stimulate local community spending by using local resources, businesses, suppliers and workers, or provide long-lasting benefits for communities and agricultural industries.
- $600,000 for water management and drought-proofing in Warren Shire – provision of water storage tanks (reservoir) at Collie village; water storage and piping to Warren Airport and industrial estate.provision of water troughs along stock routes in the shire.
- $160,000 for fencing at Warren Airport and fencing/development at Warren Library.
- $60,000 for local halls in Warren Shire – Nevertire Hall; Warren CWA Hall; Endeavour Hall in Warren; Collie CWA Hall; Marthaguy Hall; Marra Hall.
- $80,000 for drought relief events in Warren, Nevertire, Collie, Marthaguy and The Marra.
- $100,000 for bowling green development project at the Warren Golf Club.
Agency Information and Assistance