Saturday, 26 Jan 2019
8.30am - 11.00am
Warren Sporting & Cultural Centre
The 2019 Australia Day Celebrations will be held at the Warren Sporting & Cultural Complex on Saturday 26th January 2019
8.30am – Free BBQ Breakfast
9.45am – Commence Australia Day Ceremony including speech from Australia Day Ambassador and Awards Presentation.
The 2019 Australia Day Ambassador to come to Warren is Susie Elelman. Author, TV presenter, radio broadcaster, reporter and producer are just some of the many hats she has worn throughout an impressive media career spanning four decades. Susie Elelman is a name synonymous with daytime television and is currently a regular on Studio 10 on the Ten and WIN Networks.
Wednesday, 03 Oct 2018 - Sunday, 07 Oct 2018
8.00am - 7.00pm
Window on the Wetlands Centre, Warren
1800 748 379
Macquarie Marshes and River Festival (The Warraan Festival) will be held from the 3rd until the 7th of October.
Activities include: Paddle-a-thon, carp catching competition, artist-in-residence and art classes, bike rides, silent art auction, bird watching, fun run, markets and fundraising dinner (a joint RiverSmart and Drought Relief Fundraiser.)
A snapshot of key events is as follows:
1. Silent art auction...44 artworks at the Kookaburra at the WOW Centre. Some with reserves as low as $5 and $10.
2. Art classes from Ray Williams, Kim Simmons and Debbie Kerr....half day and full day options. $30 or $60.
3 and 4. Indigenous and early European tours.
5. Wetlands walks around Tiger Bay in Warren
6. Carp-a-thon. $15, great prizes.
7. Melinda Schneider starring in the R U OK Mate? concert. $50, with free buses from Dubbo via Narromine and Trangie.
8. Tethered hot air balloon rides by the RAAF, Friday, Saturday, Sunday early morning...free.
9. Bubble soccer...Friday and Saturday. Free.
10. Overnight bird watching tour of the Macquarie Marshes, lead by Tim Hosking. $200.
11. Saturday morning market at the WOW Centre
12. Day time astronomy during the Market.
13. Saturday morning paddle-a-thon, weir to weir in Warren. $35.
14. Rotary Show and Shine. Free
15. 125 km road bike ride, Sunday morning, $50
16. 6 km fun run or walk. Free.
17. Scare crow making competition, 11 am Sunday at the WOW. Free.
18. Sunday arvo concert on the grass, 12.30pm. Free.
Locations will include: Warren, the Macquarie Marshes, The Window on the Wetlands Centre, and Victoria Oval.
Bookings: www.123tix.com.au, WOW Centre, or call 1800 748 379.
See attached programme of events for more details.
Please note: For people in or near Warren, there is an early bird special, $10 off any event if you sign up and pay before Saturday 29th September 2018 at 2pm.
Thursday, 18 Oct 2018
1.00pm - 9.00pm
Warren Showground and Racecourse, Warren NSW 2824
Paralympian equestrian Sue-Ellen Lovett is riding 800km across Western NSW to raise money for cancer services in the bush.
Sue-Ellen will ride into Warren on Thursday 18th October 2018. Come and join Sue- Ellen and her support/guide riders at the Warren showground for a camp oven dinner cooked by the local Gunningbar Fishing Club. Greg Storer will be entertaining us during the evening.
There will be an activities afternoon following a mounted guard of honour as Sue-Ellen rides into Warren Showground. Information about the new Cancer Wellness Centre and redevelopment will also be on display, and of course Sue-Ellen will be there with her Olympic medal and a chat.
The Challenge: Ride Against Cancer is proudly supported by Central West Adult riding Club, for more information and RSVP for catering purposes please contact Jo O’Brien email@example.com
Thursday, 04 Oct 2018
6.30pm - 9.30pm
Warren Sporting & Cultural Centre
Small Business Night of Laughs
Please note: Patrons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
For free tickets please visit Small Business Night of Laughs - Sydney Comedy Festival Showcase
Friday, 07 Dec 2018
5.00pm - 9.00pm
Warren Main Street
Warren Shire Council
02 6847 6600
Save the date - Friday 7th December - Warren Christmas Street Party - Catch up with friends, be entertained, eat, drink, shop and be merry! Spread the word cause Santa is coming to town!