Macquarie Marshes and River Festival
Wednesday, 03 Oct 2018 - Sunday, 07 Oct 2018
8.00am - 7.00pm
Window on the Wetlands Centre, Warren
1800 748 379
Macquarie Marshes and River Festival (The Warraan Festival) will be held from the 3rd until the 7th of October.
Activities include: Paddle-a-thon, carp catching competition, artist-in-residence and art classes, bike rides, silent art auction, bird watching, fun run, markets and fundraising dinner (a joint RiverSmart and Drought Relief Fundraiser.)
A snapshot of key events is as follows:
1. Silent art auction...44 artworks at the Kookaburra at the WOW Centre. Some with reserves as low as $5 and $10.
2. Art classes from Ray Williams, Kim Simmons and Debbie Kerr....half day and full day options. $30 or $60.
3 and 4. Indigenous and early European tours.
5. Wetlands walks around Tiger Bay in Warren
6. Carp-a-thon. $15, great prizes.
7. Melinda Schneider starring in the R U OK Mate? concert. $50, with free buses from Dubbo via Narromine and Trangie.
8. Tethered hot air balloon rides by the RAAF, Friday, Saturday, Sunday early morning...free.
9. Bubble soccer...Friday and Saturday. Free.
10. Overnight bird watching tour of the Macquarie Marshes, lead by Tim Hosking. $200.
11. Saturday morning market at the WOW Centre
12. Day time astronomy during the Market.
13. Saturday morning paddle-a-thon, weir to weir in Warren. $35.
14. Rotary Show and Shine. Free
15. 125 km road bike ride, Sunday morning, $50
16. 6 km fun run or walk. Free.
17. Scare crow making competition, 11 am Sunday at the WOW. Free.
18. Sunday arvo concert on the grass, 12.30pm. Free.
Locations will include: Warren, the Macquarie Marshes, The Window on the Wetlands Centre, and Victoria Oval.
Bookings: www.123tix.com.au, WOW Centre, or call 1800 748 379.
See attached programme of events for more details.
Please note: For people in or near Warren, there is an early bird special, $10 off any event if you sign up and pay before Saturday 29th September 2018 at 2pm.
Download Event Flyer