Carter Oval Youth Sports Precinct including Warren War Memorial Swimming Pool Masterplan
20 September 2021
This page will be continually updated with project information and progress.
The Carter Oval Youth Sports Precinct including Warren War Memorial Swimming Pool Draft Masterplan has been designed to create an area that brings the community together through sports and activities with a focus on our youth.
Council has developed a new draft masterplan which includes finished works, planned funded works and future works that are subject to funding.
Based on earlier community feedback regarding the precinct, two major youth projects have been completed. Funded under the Murray-Darling Basin Economic Development Program - Improvement of Regional Structures, the Skate Park was opened in January 2020. This was followed by the opening of the Splash Park in early 2021, funded under Round 3 of the NSW Government’s Stronger Country Communities Fund.
Preparation work has now commenced to upgrade the soccer, cricket and athletic fields, with a local Shire business undertaking survey and earthworks. Funding has been received for a number of improvements which will take place over the coming months, which include:
- Funding from the Murray-Darling Basin Economic Development ‘Improvement of Regional Structures’ program for:
- Installation of drainage and irrigation for the soccer fields and junior cricket oval;
- Bus and car parking;
- Construction of a three-bay storage shed; and
- Funding from the Australian Government’s Drought Communities Program Round 2 and Murray-Darling Basin Economic Development Round 3 for installation of LED sports lighting for the senior cricket pitch
- Funding from the Cricket Legacy Fund for cricket practice nets
- Funding from the Australian Government’s Drought Communities Round 2 and NSW Government’s Community Building Partnership for Splash Park shade sails
- Funding from the NSW Government’s Stronger Country Communities Round 2 for Warren War Memorial Swimming Pool upgrade
- Funding from the Foundation for Regional Rural Renewal Fund for the provision of a swimming pool lift.
Planned future works, subject to funding, includes new kiosks, additional amenities, and a bike training track for young children.
The following draft masterplan details the full scope of current and future works.
The public exhibition period will be open until 4pm, Thursday 28 October 2021 and all residents and stakeholders are invited to submit feedback via:
Post: PO Box 6, Warren NSW 2824
In-Person: Written submissions can also be provided in-person to Council’s Administration Office at 115 Dubbo Street, Warren NSW 2824.
Photo credit: Steven Christian